26 January, 2015
19 January, 2015
This recipe is called The Best Vegan Chocolate Mousse. It's definitely one of the best I've tried, it's very rich and creamy with just a little airiness. So many vegan mousse recipes taste more like chocolate custard, but this one reminded me of the chocolate mousse my mom makes.
The only problem is that the chia seed texture gets in the way of the smooth mousse texture a little bit. I don't mind the crunchy chia seeds, but this recipe would really have been perfect if it was completely smooth. The chia seeds are what thickens up the mixture though, so they are a vital ingredient. There are so many recipes out there that I'm sure I'll find the perfect one eventually.
Update: Since making this mousse I have learnt that ground chia seeds have the same thickening properties as the whole seeds, so that change will make this the best chocolate mousse in my opinion.
18 January, 2015
Yay, my first Treasure Tuesday of the year. I actually bought these buttons last year already. I don't know how I used to manage to do a new post every week. Discovering charity shops really made me buy a lot of unnecessary things, although I do still love most of the things I have shared here.
I don't know how old these buttons are, but they are so pretty. I took these photos right after buying them, so you can still see the original prices on them. I try not to buy buttons without knowing what I'm going to do with them first, but I just couldn't resist these. I want to make sure I find the perfect use for them and not just let them wait around like the original seems to have done.
05 January, 2015
Happy new year!
Brittney from Quirky Britches nominated me for this over two months ago and I thought sharing a few facts about myself would be a great way to start the year.
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer and up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and also to help the new blogger to reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow bloggers who choose them. This award recognizes bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must complete five steps.
Steps to Accept the Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog. (My link: quirkybritches.com)
- List the rules and display the award logo in your post.
- Add 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers you want to know better. My nomination is Chane from OddOneOut.
- Follow the person who nominated you on bloglovin’.
Facts about me:
- I don't like talking on the phone. It's getting easier for me, but I used to have to work up the courage to call strangers. (For instance finding out the operating times of a store or making an appointment.)
- I hardly ever ate vegetables until I was 23.
- By this time next year my wardrobe will probably be completely monotone. My personal style has changed dramatically over the last few years and really simple black and grey clothes are all I want to wear at the moment.
- I don't want to have children.
- I studied Product Design.
- I'm a chocoholic.
- I never make new year's resolutions, but this year I decided to start watching minimalist Youtube videos instead of beauty vloggers. It's much nicer to feel inspired to be happy with less instead of wanting to go on a shopping spree.